Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Great Pumpkin Patch of 2012

This weekend was a weekend that the Barr family needed for just family fun time.  The weather in Austin was fall like and the high on Sunday was only 65 degrees which makes everyone in the Barr house very happy.   Today we decided to hit the road for an hour out towards Marble Falls,TX to Sweetberry Farms.   Of course, Sweetberry Farms is no Butler's Orchard but it's probably the closest that we are going to get in Texas country.   When we arrived, we immediately noticed all the pumpkins.... there were really, really, really LARGE pumpkins, white pumpkins, grey pumpkins, green pumpkins, and on and on and on.   They had a corn maze in the shape of the state of Texas but we didn't go in there... you had to be at least 6 years old and plus I think Mom was scared to death that we'd get in and never be able to find our way out.   They had lots of place to take our photo which of course Mom loved and across the highway on the other side of the pumpkin patch was a flower farm too.   We didn't pick flowers though, especially since this is fall time silly and don't you know flower picking is for the spring.     Hadley and I had a blast running around and getting the best pumpkins ever!   Mom says in a couple of weeks we can carve our pumpkins for our trick or treaters.  For now they are displayed on our front porch steps.

Happy Fall Everyone!

Love,
Emerson & Hadley



 "Gee, I wonder what other pumpkins they will have... let's go"
 "Sweetberry Farms"
 "Hadley, watch me... I'm a pro at this... trust me... this is the one you want"
 "I hope it has a lot of good seeds, Dad makes good pumpkin seeds"
 "It's like two pumpkins for the price of one"
 "You're going to have to fight me before I'll let this pumpkin go"
 "yeah, yeah... good one Emerson"
 "Yeah, I'm not really feeling the white pumpkins" "Everyone knows that pumpkins are orange"
 "To the check out!"
 "CHEEEEEEEEESE"
 "Oh don't wait up for me.... I'll stay behind and help others find their perfect pumpkin"
 "Look at all our loot"
 "Haddie, don't miss any... we got to make sure they all get in the car"
 "This is the advantage of the being the older sibling.... you get to tell the younger one what to do"
 "Uh oh, looks like that back fired" "Sister has already thrown in the towel and I guess I'm not getting a ride" "Drats!"
 "Come on Mom, take the picture already"
 "ooooh, you're going to be in trouble Emerson" "Look Mommy, I'm the good one"
 "We decorated all by ourselves"
"I'm so glad to have a cool brother like you Emerson"

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Wish I had been there like the Butlers Orchard days! Definitely looks like a good Tehas substitute :)

    ReplyDelete