Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just a Buckaroo

On Friday of last week our class got to go on our very first field trip to the Little Buckaroo Ranch (http://www.littlebuckarooranch.com/).   Mom also got to go with my class although she was too big to ride the bus so she had to follow behind in her car.   Mom said she didn't mind though and even said that she was excited about getting to go to a real live "dude" ranch.    I on the other hand, think Mom was most excited about not having to go to work :-).   Anyways, we had so much fun.  We started off singing "Old MacDonald" with Cowboy Timmy and Cowgirl Marion and then hiked off to get fish kisses. From there we watered horses, hopped like bunnies, petted a bunny, petted a rooster, groomed a pony, feed some goats, pet a pig (except I got kicked out of the pig pen for trying to feed the pig - only Cowgirl Marion feeds the pig), watched a horse jump and roll around, ate lunch and then roasted marsh mellows!  Whew,that was a mouth full! I can't even believe we got all that done within a couple of hours.    Of course Mom brought the camera to mark the occasion.  Check 'em out and see what you think.  


Love,
Emerson



 "Look Mom, I can keep my bubble in my mouth and my duck hands behind my back"
 "My very first bus ride!"
 "Trust me, you don't want to mess with Cowgirl Marion... she'll take you out if you don't follow the rules"
 "Ms. Cara was so nice to help me learn how to do fish kisses" "Really I just wanted to stick my entire hand in the bucket"
 "We worked hard to pull the watering hose for Cowgirl Marion to water the horses"
 "Gentle, Gentle...."
 "I think she likes me... well maybe"
 "Cowboy Timmy helped me so that I could groom the pony" "I scratched her wings like Nana taught me"
 "She sure was hungry, this is like her sixth helping"
 "And this was right before Cowgirl Marion kicked me out of the pig pen"
 "What a great show!"
 "Anyone have a Hershey bar and a graham cracker?"
 "Oh yeah, that hit the spot"
"And now it's time to say goodbye :-(" "Until I next time Cowboy Timmy and Cowgirl Marion"  "Thanks for the memories"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emerson, nana is so proud of you. I loved that you scratched the pony. Those wings need attention. You sure did like those marshmallows. Nana will take you to see fishes when you come to visit. Love and kisses always, nana

    ReplyDelete