Saturday, February 18, 2012

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock

Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, rock, Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, rock, We're gonna rock around the clock tonight...... Well maybe not the whole night but at least for a couple of hours at school yesterday.   Hadley and I had our first sock hop and had a blast!   Of course we were not happy about getting into our costumes at 6:30 am that morning and I wouldn't let Mom do my tattoo that early either.   I finally caved in and let my teachers help me out with my cool "Mom" tattoo in time for the dance though.   Before our sock hop dance, we got to eat pink milk, french fries and sundaes.... yummy!  Here's some cool shots that mark the special occasion and will perhaps bring back memories to those of you that recall when poodle skirts, slicked back hair and sock hops being a daily occurrence.

Love,
Emerson & Hadley


 "So we have to wear these outfits the entire day... REALLY"
 "I got my dancing shoes on"
 "I'm ready for my closeup"
 "The Fonz doesn't have anything on this kid"
 "Cousin Jessica even came for a visit"
 "Look Mom, a self portrait"
"Jack, Jack is a cool cat"  ".... and a great dancer"

3 comments:

  1. omg they look great. Emerson your so cool and had die you rock. Love nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are such cool cats!!!!! PaPa and Grandma think that you two need to go into show business. None any cooler than you two!!!!!! We would love to have these pictures in our hands to show you two cool cats off over and over!!!!!!!

    Love you precious ones,

    PaPa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. You two are just so cute. Your great Uncle Mel could have supplied you with some 45 & 78 vinyl records to take to your sock hop.

    ReplyDelete